Ignorance to the Egyptian Struggle
I am writing this blog to get out some of my thoughts about the protests going on in Egypt out of my head, and on paper in hope that maybe, just MAYBE I open one person's eyes. The lack of attention it is getting from most of the people I know and I'm sure many others is appalling. It is devastating to see people so involved with what bar they plan on attending tonight and not giving a moment's notice to the violence erupting around the world.
The president of Egypt is Hosni Mubarak. His first term began on 14 October 1981, and from September 2005 has been serving his fifth term in office. There is no constitutional limit upon the number of terms that any one individual can serve as president, as president he's also the supreme commander of the armed forces and head of the executive branch of the Egyptian government. This gives him complete control over everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment